News:

If you want to report a bug 🐞 please contact dpost@mvc.on.ca

Main Menu

How to Choose a Digital Form

Started by cmcguire, January 09, 2018, 10:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmcguire

We have several sites with no cell coverage and need to find an offline alternative to Google Sheets for collecting data.  We need something that can handle complex forms and automatically sync with WISKI over WiFi at the office.  Has anyone tried to do this with Survey123 or Collector?  What alternatives are out there?

@SteveWKISTERS @GComeau @mjones @tyork @LLambert @Tommy Kokas

LLambert

We use Google Forms and Google Sheets so I don't think I'm much help...sorry

mjones

Sorry Chris,

I have also not  Survey 123 or Collector.  I am interested to lean how people automatically sync with WISKI over Wifi at the office with their forms. 

SteveWKISTERS

I believe Holly @ Cat is looking into tying their Survey123 or ArcCollector into their WISKI system. This has been completed for another group (Riverside) in New York - I'm waiting for project specs / details that can be shared with outside users.

The information that has been provided to me so far is that WISKI can sync to either - we just need access to the forms to map out where the metadata is headed.

If I can schedule a call with the team that completed this project, would anyone be interested in speaking with them about how it shook out?

Steve with Kisters

cmcguire

Cool, thanks Steve!

Rideau has Collector automatically syncing with their SQL database but it's not going into WISKI.  We're going down to check out their system the week of the Jan. 22nd.  Could we schedule a call with them after we have a good understanding of how Rideau's works?

cmcguire

How does your access field sheet work @alarsen?

alarsen

access works ok, I made a field template in access with pull down menus which is handy in the field but then I have to manually put the access file onto our network and then there is a link with excel where the data goes into and then I was going to put it into wiski, but I have to reformat everything first so it will go into wiski so thought I would see what others are using before I redo it :)

google docs sounds interesting, I'm going to have Chris (at RVCA) look at a few options