News:

If you want to report a bug 🐞 please contact dpost@mvc.on.ca

Main Menu

Standing Offer for KISTERS Help with WQ Data

Started by SteveWKISTERS, October 19, 2017, 03:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveWKISTERS

Hi everyone,

I'd like to make a standing offer to help any of the groups that are hesitant or struggling to import water quality data into WISKI. If you've hit a roadblock or have simply given up on it please don't hesitate to message me or give me a call - I can typically work through this with you and get data into system in <1 hour.

Steve with Kisters

christinerochon

Hi Steve,

I am a student working with the Rideau Valley Conservation Authority. I am currently tasked with importing water quality data into WISKI, however, the configuration file created specifically for the lab reports appears to have been removed from the system. I have created a new configuration file that seems to import most of the data but I am having trouble resolving a couple of issues.

The main issue is that the analysis methods for a couple of the more recently added parameters are not being identified by the parameter method number. Both have the same short name (PPUT; Phosphorous, total,) and all of the other parameters are being recognized by the parameter method number. When I switch to either of the other two method selections (name or short name) I run into problems with other parameters, receiving the message that parameter method combinations for that particular parameter are not assigned to the measuring program.

The other message that I am receiving is that the units are not identified (for all parameters). I have tried mapping the units from the import file to all three options for units (name, short name, symbol) but all come back saying that the units are not recognized. When the data is actually imported, the units do register within the sample results. I am wondering if this is part of a larger problem with the configuration.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! I also saw that you posted a water quality import configuration file. I have downloaded it, and if I cannot resolve my current issues I may try to work with your configuration file.

Thank-you in advance for any suggestions,

Christine

cmcguire

SteveWKISTERS

Hi Christine,

My apologies for the delayed follow up to this. Are you still encountering this problem?

With regard to the first issue, its likely that the parameter + method combination has not been assigned to the Measuring Program - i.e. the measuring program parameter list needs to be updated to include the new method that you've assigned to it. In order to achieve this, you can click on the "details" of the Measuring Program, and then click on "Parameter List" and update the parameter list to include the new parameter / method combo.

You can import the results without units, as long as the assigned / default units are the ones you're looking for. You'll get a "warning" but this won't prevent you from importing. If you need help with the Unit mapping I'd be happy to schedule a WebEx with you.

If you've solved these problems and moved onto new ones, I'd also be happy to help with those so please keep me posted!

Cheers,

Steve with KISTERS

Quote from: christinerochon on February 07, 2018, 10:06:13 AM
Hi Steve,

I am a student working with the Rideau Valley Conservation Authority. I am currently tasked with importing water quality data into WISKI, however, the configuration file created specifically for the lab reports appears to have been removed from the system. I have created a new configuration file that seems to import most of the data but I am having trouble resolving a couple of issues.

The main issue is that the analysis methods for a couple of the more recently added parameters are not being identified by the parameter method number. Both have the same short name (PPUT; Phosphorous, total,) and all of the other parameters are being recognized by the parameter method number. When I switch to either of the other two method selections (name or short name) I run into problems with other parameters, receiving the message that parameter method combinations for that particular parameter are not assigned to the measuring program.

The other message that I am receiving is that the units are not identified (for all parameters). I have tried mapping the units from the import file to all three options for units (name, short name, symbol) but all come back saying that the units are not recognized. When the data is actually imported, the units do register within the sample results. I am wondering if this is part of a larger problem with the configuration.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! I also saw that you posted a water quality import configuration file. I have downloaded it, and if I cannot resolve my current issues I may try to work with your configuration file.

Thank-you in advance for any suggestions,

Christine