News:

If you want to report a bug 🐞 please contact dpost@mvc.on.ca

Main Menu

Adding a Polling Station in SODA

Started by mjones, March 27, 2017, 01:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjones

Hello,

I am trying to add a Campbell Scientific to SODA.  Does anybody know everything I would need from them in order for SODA to poll it?  Will it be different because the rest of our loggers are FTS and Sutron.   ::)

Do I need to know what they are calling their parameters? (E.g., we call water level HG – is there a chance that they could call it WL?)

Thank you. 

cmcguire

Hello Michael,

Looks like you'll be the first one with a functional Campbell Scientific data logger.  It doesn't like SODA is able to connect to the logger yet.  Will it come up remotely with a terminal emulator or Loggernet?

mjones

Thanks Chris.

I was looking on SODA and there is a connection for a Campbell, would that not be the same thing? I am not exactly sure what terminal emulator or loggernet are.  I will need to look those up. 

Thanks,
Michael

SteveWKISTERS

Hi Michael,

Have you had any luck with this? I'd be happy to go through the SODA station set up with you.

If no one is able to poll data from the CS loggers, I will need to verify that this driver is working properly and let our office know. My money is on that it requires some additional configuration if no one in the hub has been able to connect to one.

Steve with Kisters

mjones

Hey Steve,

I see you have been added to the Forum! I have not investigated this in a while and have not tried to reconnect. It was a logger that Carleton University had at a research site, but I never got all the parameters from them.

SteveWKISTERS

I finally made it! Well let me know if you try reconnecting with this logger, and I'll see if we have any use cases to show you. I'm sure some of our other Canadian clients use their data.

Although to be fair, CS uses LoggerNet to push data to an FTP I believe. I've got a KiDAT script that will automatically grab and format that data if that'd be useful.

Cheers,

Steve with Kisters