If you want to report a bug 🐞 please contact dpost@mvc.on.ca

Main Menu

Water Quality data - move to new station

Started by hevans, July 03, 2019, 10:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hevans

@SteveWKISTERS
Hi Steve,

Can you point me to any guidance that would help me to move water quality data from an old station to a new one? I'm just getting started on this aspect of our data so I don't have a lot of experience. I did find the KISTERS KiWQM manual from 2012 (KiWQM Concept and Tutorials), bu didn't find an answer to my question.

Thank you,

Holly Evans
CRCA

SteveWKISTERS

Sure Holly no problem. Can you give me some more information? Namely:
1. Does this station have any other data associated with it? If not, you could simply rename the old Station to meet the new criteria.
2. Is the new Station assigned to be a WQ station in the station characteristics? If not, please turn that on.

With that said, if you're looking for a comprehensive grab of all the data and metadata, I'd recommend exporting the data out as a CSV (takes about 2 minutes) using all the columns you're interested in. Save that Export configuration, as you can re-use it for the Import.
Bulk change the Site / Station Name / Station Number as needed to meet the new Station info.
Re-import, using the Export configuration to pull in whatever data you decided to bring along.

All in all this should take about 10 minutes or so - if you run into issues please let me know.

Cheers,

Steve with KISTERS