News:

If you want to report a bug 🐞 please contact dpost@mvc.on.ca

Main Menu

Low Water Response Calculations

Started by Iryna Shulyarenko, February 25, 2019, 02:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iryna Shulyarenko

Good day everybody!
Are you using WISKI for the monthly OLWR calculations? If yes, could you please help me to set it up?

Greatly appreciated!
Iryna 

SteveWKISTERS

Hi Iryna,

I think quite a few people are doing this. If you need a refresher after our meeting with Massimo last week, I'd be happy to sit down and review all this stuff with you again.

Just to recap the major principles:

Required inputs:
- long term normals
- monthly input time series

Calculation: (monthly input / long term normals) * 100

You can do this in a few different ways. One way is the General correction agent, set to "Divide". You'll want to add your input time series, then your long term normals (i.e. order is important).

After that, go to the Transformation and either use the Eval() or Factor() statements. I prefer Eval() because its clearer "Eval(value*100)" versus the Factor(100) approach. It reminds me in a few months that I'm actually multiplying.

As an aside, I asked the Developers if they could change Factor() to Multiply() but they weren't biting ;).

Cheers,

Steve

hevans

Hi Iryna,

We've done some work with precipitation to calculate climate normals and all the related thresholds. Still haven't finished with standard graphs, but there is a parameter template that you could look at: CRCA precipitation low water response

@SteveWKISTERS
@massimo.narini
@cmcguire

Thanks,
Holly Evans

SteveWKISTERS

Awesome, thanks Holly!

Iryna, can you take a look and mark this thread as complete if Holly's approach will work for you?

Cheers,

Steve