News:

If you want to report a bug 🐞 please contact dpost@mvc.on.ca

Main Menu

Copy Timeseries Remarks via Copy Timeseries Agent

Started by cmcguire, April 19, 2018, 01:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmcguire

I have some questions regarding copying timeseries data through the copy timeseries agent.  We use both an original timeseries and an edited timeseries, with the edited timeseries being populated using the copy timeseries agent.  We also need to be able to copy the remarks column by value so that we can edit these remarks if a correction needs to be made. 

I know this agent can copy remarks through the use of the Copy Influences checkbox and the Copy Standard Remarks List dropdown; however, this option copies the remarks by reference and not by value.  As a result, the copied remarks cannot be edited from the edited time series.  Another problem this causes is that KIWIS appears to ignore the remarks that are copied when requested to return the Data%20Comment field; the exact same KIWIS query made to the original timeseries in place of the edited one returns these remarks just fine.

Is there currently a way to do this, either through an agent or through a transformation?  @SteveWKISTERS

- T Daniel Dickson

SteveWKISTERS

Hi T Daniel Dickson,

This is what our Support team came up with regarding calling the data via KiWIS - the agent config is still under review. Can you give this a try and let me know if it works?

Steve with KISTERS

---------------------------------------------------

Regarding the KiWIS... The solution will be to use "Agent Comment" field in KiWIS to get those remarks from edited time series. But you can still get the same remarks from Original time series by using "Data Comment" field.
That happens because when you use "Copy time series agent" for Edited time series wiski will automatically change remark association from "Data values" (specified in the Original time series) to the "Agent" (edited time series)
There is a way to have the remarks association to be consistent across all the time series within parameter by using "Parameter" remarks. After that "Parameter" comment can be used to get the remarks for Original and Edited time series.