News:

If you want to report a bug 🐞 please contact dpost@mvc.on.ca

Main Menu

GOES Import Problem and Solution

Started by JoelHarrison, March 14, 2018, 04:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelHarrison

NBMCA's level data from our Chippewa Ck gauge weren't making it into WISKI.  Turns out the GOES transmissions from the Satlink logger contained M's for missing values which the KiDat task couldn't interpret.  WSC staff reprogrammed the logger so that there was more time between data logging and transmission which solved the problem.  Kisters is working to add flexibility to the GOES KiDat task so that it can accommodate non-numeric data.   

See attached for more detail.

SteveWKISTERS

Hey Joel,

Thanks for keeping everyone on the loop on this. I'll reply back to this once I hear from Brandon about the additional "M" functionality in KiDAT. Probably towards the end of the summer / beginning of Fall once our projects are wrapping up.

Steve with KISTERS

cmcguire

Hey Joel and Steve,

This is an interesting problem, thanks for the clear documentation.  Is the ZRXP in the attached document from KiDAT?  If KiDAT is able to make the ZRXP but the error happens between the hot folder and WISKI would we be able to use the 'Replace' extended function to create a numeric value before the file hits the hot folder?

@SteveWKISTERS: How do we have access to extended functions with the new version?

SteveWKISTERS

Morning guys,

@Chris - that's essentially the answer that Brandon is working on, but because the transition from KiDAT - WISKI is automatic, we need to code the "M" Replace as a final step in the data conversion process - at least that's my current understanding of it.

Ahh thanks for the reminder - I need to log onto your server and unlock KiDAT for everyone. Once that's done, you'll have all the options / extended features that I show in the screenshots. Sorry about that - I meant to coordinate a time with Curtis to get it updated. I'll complete that this week at the latest (assuming Curtis is available).

Steve with KISTERS

SteveWKISTERS

Morning everyone,

KiDAT has been updated / unlocked on all the servers. This means that if you're connecting to the KIDAT running on the production server, you now have access to the full suite of data acquisition tools. This includes:

WSC calls
GOES DCP calls
FTP Downloads / Web Scrapes
KiWIS connection calls

and quite a few others. I turned on pretty much everything except tasks that had been developed for specific clients and likely were of no use to groups in Canada. If anyone has issues accessing this system or finds that they don't have an updated list of tasks, please let me know.

Steve with KISTERS