News:

If you want to report a bug 🐞 please contact dpost@mvc.on.ca

Main Menu

Mass import of Sampling Locations

Started by massimo.narini, March 09, 2018, 02:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massimo.narini

Hi Everyone!

Glad I was able to meet some of you at the last Eastern WISKi hub meeting, where I was told that we should be using the forum when questions come up, so here is the first one!

I am trying to import a large amount of WQ data with many individual "Sampling Locations" (many depth measurements at different coordinates), but they are all considered the same "Station". I can add "Sampling Locations" manually in the key list, but I need to bulk upload them since there are so many points of data.

Has anyone else bulk uploaded "Sampling Locations"?  I know how to do it for "Observation Spots" in the KiECO side of things, but of course they are slightly different.

In the key list for "Sampling Location", there is "name" as a column header, but it isn't in the importer dialog, so I am not able to add in new names. I have tried using "Label" in the importer, but it imports it into the WISKi abyss instead of into the key list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*EDIT: Since currently "Sampling Location" is a key list, I can bulk import new entries to the key list, but this is still not properly using the "Sampling Location" function in WISKi. It won't allow me to import coordinates in WKT to the key list "Sampling Locations".

Thanks!

-Massimo

JoelHarrison

I am also interested in learning how to do this - a KiWQM tutorial on how to bulk upload profile (depth-specific) data would be helpful! 

SteveWKISTERS

Quote from: cmcguire on March 14, 2018, 02:25:26 PM
@SteveWKISTERS

Hi Massimo,

I spoke with a few of our water quality folks about this. Lat/Long and Northing/Eastings can be bulk imported in the sampling data by mapping the appropriate columns in the CSV importer. At this time, it isn't possible to bulk import WKT strings.

If this is a feature that you'd like to see, I can request that it is developed and included in a future release.

Steve with KISTERS

SteveWKISTERS

Quote from: JoelHarrison on April 04, 2018, 02:13:57 PM
I am also interested in learning how to do this - a KiWQM tutorial on how to bulk upload profile (depth-specific) data would be helpful!

Hi Joel,

To include depth in your water quality profiles you just need to add a Sample Depth column to your import configuration. There are guides in the Help that show you how to do depth bases analyses once you've got depth data in the system (i.e. Depth Profiles etc).

Steve with KISTERS

massimo.narini

Since there might have been other people following this post, I figured that I would tie it up since Steve and I have figured it out.

Basically you can bulk upload Locations as names (EG: Location 1, Location 2 etc) through the Keylist importer. When you are importing the data, you can then associate the location with a lat/long coordinate. I was under the impression that you could import a Location with its lat/long coordinates, but that was incorrect. Importing the Locations is the same as any other Keylist import.

Hope that helps anyone else that might have the same issue!

cmcguire